PATIENTS UNDERGOING GENERAL ANESTHESIA OR INTRAVENOUS SEDATION IN OFFICE
- Absolutely nothing to eat or drink (not even water) six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All drivers must be 18 years or older and are required to stay during the procedure. Patients are not permitted to drive for eight hours after the medication is administered.
- Take all your prescription medications with a small amount of water as you normally would.
- Patients should refrain from smoking 12 hours prior to surgery.
- Please brush your teeth the day of surgery as usual.
- Women please remove lipstick and nail polish before your appointment.
- If you wear contact lenses please remove them before coming to the office.
- Please wear loose fitting sleeves or a short sleeve top since we need to take your blood pressure and administer the medication.
- Do not plan on returning to work or working with any machinery or equipment for eight hours after the medication is administered.
- If you use any type of bronchial inhalers you must bring them with you.
- If you are taking narcotic pain medication do not operate a motor vehicle or dangerous equipment; this applies to patients who have had procedures under local or IV sedation.