PATIENTS UNDERGOING GENERAL ANESTHESIA OR INTRAVENOUS SEDATION IN OFFICE
- Absolutely nothing to eat or drink (not even water) six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth the day of surgery as usual.
- Women please remove lipstick and nail polish before your appointment.
- If you wear contact lenses please remove them before coming to the office.
- Please wear loose fitting sleeves or a short sleeve top since we need to take your blood pressure and administer the medication.
- You must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 years or older) because you will not be permitted to drive for eight hours after the medication is administered. Driver required to stay during procedure.
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to all appointments.
- Do not plan on returning to work or working with any machinery or equipment for eight hours after the medication is administered.
- Take all your prescription medications with a small amount of water as you normally would.
- If you use any type of bronchial inhalers you must bring them with you.
- If you are taking narcotic pain medication do not operate a motor vehicle or dangerous equipment; this applies to patients who have had procedures under local or IV sedation.